Not everyone is glamour-posing among Sandy's aftermath. In true New York spirit, there are plenty of groups and companies assisting victims of the hurricane that cut a deadly swath across the Northeast, and that includes fashion. Here's a running list...
- Barneys New York will donate 10% of all sales—not less than $50,000—made through its Madison Avenue flagship on Sunday, November 4, to the American Red Cross.
- A portion of proceeds from Ferragamo stores nationwide and Ferragamo.com will be donated to the Red Cross through November 4.
- This weekend, Bird will be donating 10% of all sales to the Brooklyn Recovery Fund. Meanwhile, all Bird locations will accept donations for the Red Hook Initiative.
- Gilt City will donate 30% of profits from New York City sales to the Red Cross, between now and November 4.
- Stylebop.com is pledging 10% of all sales between November 1–7 to the Red Cross.
- The e-tailer The Coveteur has pledged 100% of profits to the Red Cross for a limited time.
- Penfield has said it will donate $10 from every online order to the Red Cross Relief Fund.
- The eco-label The Reformation will donate 10% of all web sales to the Red Cross through November 8. Online shoppers will also receive 20% off with the coupon code REFRELIEF.